Inscrições: clique aqui.
Prof. Claudio Scarponi is graduate in Mechanical Engineering (1978) with post-graduation specialization courses in Bioengineering (1979), Aerospace Engineering (1981), Composite Materials (1981), Quality Control on Advanced Composite Materials (1982) and Advanced Composite Materials (1984). He is professor in UNIROMA – “La Sapienza” (Rome, Italy), Faculty of Engineering, researching and teaching engineering for undergraduate and graduate courses in Aerospace Special Technologies since 2001. He worked previously as Researcher, Faculty of Engineering, Aerospace and Astronautics Engineering Department (2001); Laboratory Technical Director, Aerospace Engineering Department (2001-1986); Systems Engineer, Alternative/Renewable Energies Sector (1985-1980); and Research Engineer, Experimental Metallurgical Center (1979-1980). His main research lines are related to composite materials; production and field engineering of complex and totally integrated aerospace systems; aerospace systems structural design; integration and test of aircraft; industrial tooling and equipment for use in production.
14-18 h – COMPOSITES AND THEIR ENGINEERING APLICATIONS – Course directed to post-graduation students and professionals
14 – 15:45 h – First part – Fundamentals
- Composite material;
- Fibers and matrices, including natural elements;
- Calculation of the elastic characteristics of a composite, starting by the components characteristics;
- Filaments, fibers, tape, woven roving, fabrics;
- Main processes utilized to make a piece, such as hand lay-up and vacuum bag, automated lay-up and autoclave, filament and tape winding, pultrusion;
- Usual test methods to determine the mechanical characteristics of a composite and how we can perform the statistical determination of the parameters;
- Description from the analytical point of view stresses and deformations;
- Suplementar correlated topics;
- Audience questions.
16:15 h – 18 h – Second part – Engineering Aplications
- Introduction to aspects of aerospace industry, methods of work organization, lay-out of the plant construction and marketing;
- New technologies for production of parts, such as RTM, VARTM, RFI, stitched and braided composites;
- Impact behaviour;
- CLT and strength criteria;
- Audience questions.
- Michael Niu. Airframe Structural Design. 2nd ed. 2006. ISBN 9627128090, 978-9627128090.
- Hong T. Hahn & Steven Tsai. Introduction to Composite Materials. Lancaster: Technomic, 1980. ISBN 0-87762-288-4.
- Robert M. Jones. Mechanics of Composite Materials. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Taylor & Francis, 1999. ISBN 1-56032-712-X.
- Callister W. & Rethwisch D. Ciência e engenharia de materiais uma introdução. Rio de Janeiro: Gen/LTC, 2012.
- Askeland, D.R. & Phulé, P.P. The science and engineering of materials. 5th ed. Toronto: Thomson, 2006.